Henry County Court House
Henry County was named for Patrick Henry. In 1843, the county seat settled permanently in Cambridge, Illinois. A grand Victorian structure of brick and stone the courthouse was completed in 1880. It stands three stories tall and features oak and black walnut woodwork throughout the courthouse. The second-floor courtroom contains oak panels; fireplace, antique jury, and court reporters chairs, and a judge’s bench. Its grandest feature is the eighteen-foot-high ceiling that features a mural created by Frank Dirkson of Cambridge, Galva, Geneseo, and Kewanee. It is one of the finest courthouses in Illinois.